Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Masala puri



My aunt always made these masala puris for family outings/trips. Today I made them for my daughter's lunch box. She loves puris in her dabba and most often polishes them off. Hence I give her different kinds of puris quite often - the sweetish squash puris, palak puris or leftover dal/dal palak/dal subji puris where I just mix wheat flour into leftover dal etc. and roll out the puris. Anyway, coming to today's puris, here's how I made them.


1/2 cup wheat flour

1 small boiled potato - mashed

Salt, turmeric pwd., red chilli pwd., coriander pwd., cumin pwd. and kasuri methi - all per taste


Mix all the ingredients together. Adding a little water, knead into a fairly stiff dough. Roll our into about 8 small puris. Deep fry in hot oil.


These can be enjoyed hot or cold, by themselves or with accompaniments like raita, pickle, ketchup etc.


They make ideal picnic food and are hence off to the Recipes for the rest of us - Picnic Eats event at Recipe Center for all. This event was started by Ramki of One Page Cookbooks.

1 comment:

Trupti said...

Thank you very much supriya for these lovely masala puries.

These puries are one of my fav.

Related Posts with Thumbnails