Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Beans Salad

I have been on a quest to find interesting salad recipes these days. One such recipe was lying right under by nose, in a book called Simply Delicious Vegetarian by Carla Bardi, but I hadn't noticed it until today. I had it for lunch and loved it so much that I had to immediately post it.

Here's how I made it, with a few modifications from the original recipe:

1/2 can cannelini beans - rinsed and drained
1/2 can kidney beans - rinsed and drained
1/2 red bell pepper - thinly sliced
1/4 red onion - thinly sliced
1 tbsp Mrs. Dash's Garlic and Herb seasoning
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
Freshly ground black pepper
2 - 3 large handfuls of Spring Mix containing red & green varieties of lettuce, chard, arugula etc.

Toss all the ingredients, except the Spring Mix, in a large bowl. Cover and let it rest for 15 - 30 mins. Serve on a bed of the Spring Mix. I did not add or feel the need to add any additional salt to this.

This Beans Salad goes to My Legume Love Affair being hosted at Monsoon Spice. This event is the brain child of Susan - The Well Seasoned Cook.

2 comments:

Parita said...

so simple and healthy!

Purva Desai said...

simple, quick yet delicious

Related Posts with Thumbnails