Saturday, May 14, 2011

Bread Pizza


Bread Pizza is an easy snack/light meal for kids and adults alike. Here's how I make it:

Toast bread slices till crisp. I usually use whole grain bread and toast in my pop-up toaster.
Cool and smear with a tbsp of ready-made pizza sauce. Yesterday I used Trader Joe's pizza sauce. Most store bought sauces are a little bland for our taste, so I add a pinch of salt, pepper and Mrs. Dash original seasoning blend.
Toppings - try to keep them as colorful as possible. Yesterday I used onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, green and red bell peppers, frozen corn, spinach leaves and shredded carrots. I like to chop the veggies fine since they do not get cooked much.
Lastly sprinkle the cheese. I think fresh mozarella tastes the best on pizza, but any other kind will also work. Like yesterday, I did not have fresh mozarella on hand, so I used a shredded cheese blend.
You can either microwave the bread pizza for 30 secs per picture above or cook it covered on the stove top on medium low heat with a little butter till cheese melts.



Serve immediately.
I find that the stove top method result in a crisper crust than the MW method, in any case, neither results in soggy crusts.
These Bread Pizza slices go to the Kids Delight - Colorful Fruits/Veggies event at Give Me Some Spice. This event was started by Srivalli.




4 comments:

Binys Recipes said...

hey dat looks so temptg pizza...love it

Sarah said...

love this easy pizza!

Torviewtoronto said...

delicious we too make these for a quick snack
lovely presentation

Aruna Manikandan said...

easy and a delicious snack...
looks yummy....

Related Posts with Thumbnails