Monday, July 9, 2012

No cook coconut dessert (ladoos)



This recipe is from Super Veggie Delight's You Tube channel. I had come across this while browsing and it came in very handy recently. We were cruising the first week of July and on Guru Purnima Day (July 3), I wanted to make something special and traditional. I carried all the necessary ingredients from home in a medium bowl and made them right in our cabin on the cruise ship!

Here's how I made them:

3 cups dry shredded coconut
7 to 8 oz sweetened condensed milk
pinch of cardamon pwd and saffron
food color (optional)
almonds to garnish
1 tsp ghee

Mix the coconut and condensed milk in a bowl till well blended. Add the cardamon pwd and saffron. If using food color, add to part of the mix as needed. Divide into abt 20 parts. Grease palms with ghee and shape into round ladoos. Press an almond on to each ladoos.

Thats it! Super easy and delicious dessert ready in a jiffy.

1 comment:

Supriya's Rasoi said...

Hi Supriya first time here incidentaly myself also supriya. The ladoos look yummy. The naivedya thali looks tempting. Glad to follow you do visit my blog in ur free time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails